Friday, March 28, 2014

A day in the life of a 9-month-old

Today Maelie turned 9 months old! When Hannah was about the same age, I photo-documented a day in her life.  So I decided to take a lot of pictures today to show you a regular day for Maelie...


Wake up and eat

 The first pic I took of Maelie today was right after she had nursed. I had to move fast in order to avoid letting her wake up Hannah.

Then we went and woke up homey Daddy. Apparently he had an earache.

Hannah joined our party soon after. 

I set Maelie down for about a minute to go help Hannah in the bathroom, and she made a beeline (she's a speedy army crawler these days) across the room to her favorite place to play and make messes--Hannah's kitchen. 

Maelie then played some more while she watched me and Hannah eat breakfast. 

Maelie's toys eventually ended up on the floor, and Hannah's pants eventually ended up MIA. 

Soon it was time for Maelie's 2nd breakfast--oatmeal with prunes. Yum. 

She's a pretty darn good baby food eater. 

Two of Maelie's favorite things to do in her feeding chair--tip her body sideways and stare at the non-moving ceiling fan. 


Play time

I let Maelie play in her favorite spot again. And Hannah joined her.
 
 
Nap time

 

Then it was time for Maelie's morning nap (1 1/2 hours today). Hannah rushed in to see her as soon as Maelie woke up. 

Hannah couldn't help but love on her adorable little sister while I changed her diaper. It had been a long hour-and-a-half without Maelie! 


Lunch time

Maelie finished the little bit of her breakfast that she had previously been too tired to eat. 

 And she snacked on a few Puffs as well.

Medicine time! She takes Vitamin D and fluoride. She got her 2nd tooth last week! 

Maelie then tried to eat some toy food while Hannah and I ate our lunch. 

She also played with her castle while I cleaned the kitchen. 

 "Mommy, take my picture!"

Maelie eventually made it back to her favorite play spot. 

Then it was time to nurse her in our usual spot on the couch. Have I mentioned how much I love Maelie's crazy hair?! People often comment about how cute it is. 

Both of these girls LOVE group hugs. This was my perspective in our group hug. :) 


Getting dressed

Hannah's favorite outfit of the morning. Scott's sister, MaryAnn, will recognize the clothes. 

Cute little chubby baby!

Finally dressed for the day! 

 More love from big sister!

Maelie played in my room for a bit while I got dressed.
 
 
Blowing bubbles

We usually go on an outing every day (to the library or store or for a walk). But since this week has been so busy, I opted for an easy "outing" on the balcony to blow bubbles. Hannah couldn't have been happier.

Maelie really wanted in on the bubble-blowing action. 
 
 
Books and a show

 These girlies love their books!

I usually let them watch a 20-minute show in the morning and/or afternoon. Today Hannah picked Bubble Guppies, but lately she chooses Dora more than anything else. Maelie LOVES watching shows. 

Her eyes even stayed glued to the tv while I changed her diaper. Silly girl.
 
 
2nd lunch and afternoon nap

 Hannah ate her squash so fast I didn't remember to get a picture of the action.

This was my view of our rocking/snuggle time. She insists on facing outward so that she doesn't miss out on the non-existent action. 

 This pic is sideways. Oops. Maelie sleeps in the pack 'n play in our room for her afternoon nap so that she and Hannah don't disturb each other's naps. Maelie usually wakes up grumpy until she sees me, and then she's all smiles.

 
Time to nurse again

Is it just me, or does this cutie baby seem to eat all day long?! 


Daddy's home!

 Maelie is truly so glad when Daddy comes home. She can't stop giggling. So cute!
 
 
Play time and party
 

 Not surprising to find Hannah playing here again.

Soon it was time to go to Uncle John's "surprise" birthday party. Fun! Maelie enjoyed her delicious baby food turkey dinner. :)

Hannah was an adorable Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! 

Sweet Maelie zonked out on the car ride home. She missed out on scripture reading tonight.


Nurse, bath, and bed
 

After nursing, Maelie enjoyed her bath. 

The only time of day that her cute hair isn't sticking up all over! 

Cutie pie! 

Maelie was a bit grumpy tonight and took awhile to fall asleep. I think it's the teething.
 
 
We love our adorable 9-month-old! Maelie brings to much joy and life to our family! We're so glad she's ours!!!
 

2 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

Love the day in a life photos. Cute girls and that babe sure seems busy! Don't I know how exhausting and fun that can be!

MaryAnn said...

SO cute! My girls are excited to get to see your girls again in a few weeks!