Here are a few pics I took today (I wish I would have gotten some at Grandma Meservy's tonight):
Maelie is always way too busy staring at the camera to smile for a picture.
I totally had her belly-laughing just seconds before I snapped this picture--I swear!
Maelie looks cute in her Chicago Cubs diapers that Scott's sibs gave us. She's already wearing a size 3 diaper, which Hannah didn't start wearing until she was 11 months old!
Maelie's newest obsession is her feet. So cute!
Maelie is such a sweet and fun baby! Her colic is getting better, although she had a rough day today (which I mostly blame on the shots she got). Maelie smiles so easily, but she also still cries very easily (and loudly). Maelie coos and babbles and laughs a lot. Her laugh is absolutely adorable! It has been really fun to watch Maelie's developmental progression this past month. She went from playing with and sucking on her hands non-stop to reaching for and playing with other objects/toys to sticking her legs straight in the air and staring at them to reaching for her feet but only being able to grab her pants to finally grabbing her feet to sucking on her toes many times this past week. She loves those feet! Maelie started sleeping through the night about a month ago, but these past couple of weeks she has only slept through the night about half of the time. Maelie continues to be a good eater (with some random changes here and there), so 6 weeks ago I started feeding her only every 3 hours. (I was feeding Hannah every 2 hours until she was 9 months old because I was so concerned about her weight.) Maelie is super strong and still wiggles tons. During Tummy Time she holds her head up at a 90 degree angle, and she pivots herself in circles. When she's on her back she pushes off with her feet to scoot a little, and she rolls onto her side (almost to her tummy). When Maelie is slanted on her back, her stomach muscles are strong enough that she can pull her body all the way forward. It's pretty weird for us to have such a strong baby, but we love it! Maelie still adores Hannah and watches her as much as possible. She also loves her parents but doesn't find them quite as fascinating. :)
We love Maelie so much and feel very blessed to have her in our family!
2 comments:
Such an adorable sweetie pie!!!! Hugs to my girlie and her sweet sister
she is a cutie and sounds like she is growing and developing so well! What a blessing a healthy babe is!
Post a Comment