Friday, January 25, 2013

early anniversary get-away

Last weekend, Scott and I spent a night in Salt Lake at a bed and breakfast to celebrate our 5th anniversary 3 weeks early (we will be in St. George watching my niece's play on our anniversary).

The evening was full of mishaps, starting with Hannah waking up from her afternoon nap super sad and crying for 30 minutes straight (including part of the car ride to meet my brother-in-law to take her to be watched overnight by my sister). Thankfully, Hannah finally calmed down and had a wonderful time with her cousins, aunt, and uncle.

Scott and I got on the road to Salt Lake about a half hour later than we had planned. We soon discovered that some plastic cover thing was dragging on the ground under Scott's car, so we got off the freeway and headed to the nearest Jiffy Lube to get an oil change and the plastic cover screwed back on. Good times.

We finally made it to Salt Lake and got checked in to our bed and breakfast. Then we headed to a sushi place that Scott had looked up online, but it was temporarily shut down. Bummer. So after getting a bit lost on some side roads in Salt Lake, we ended up at another sushi place where the sushi was delicious but the service was insanely slow (don't worry--my pregnant self only ate cooked sushi rolls).

By the time we got back to our bed and breakfast, our favorite Friday night show (Dateline) was halfway over and boring to boot. So we went to bed early, and I got the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Nice.

Scott and I got to chat with an interesting couple at breakfast. Scott was laughing on the inside when we were first served a roasted pear (I HATE pears). I choked down half of it and felt like I was on the mission again, afraid of offending the cook. Thank goodness the rest of the breakfast was good.

Overall, Scott and I enjoyed our night away and had some much-needed, good quality talk time. We were happy to see Hannah again, and she was happy to see us.

Some pics...

 We stayed at Wildflowers, a historic home turned bed and breakfast.

 We loved the claw-foot bathtub.

It was quaint and cozy.

I got a picture of our last of 5 sushi rolls. Yum!


Adorable, random pics of Hannah...

 I had to get a pic of Hannah in her hand-me-down Clifford pajamas before she outgrows them soon.

Woof woof. Adorable!

Hannah has been on a hat kick lately. She loves wearing Scott's Red Sox beanie--backwards and homey style. She looks a little Asian, eh? She got mad every time we tried to help her pull the hat up. Silly home girl,

She also loves to wear her adorable snow hat backwards.


By the way, I'm glad I married Scott almost 5 years ago. Very glad. :)

5 comments:

K-Krew said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you could have some time alone together :)
Hannah looks adorable in the hats and my kids have a little asian in them too. Haha.

Elmer said...

Happy (early) anniversary! Dateline is my favorite Friday night show as well. But are you sure it wasn't that tiny TV that was making it so boring (I don't remember what was on that episode)?

Sandy Brunson said...

Happy early anniversary. Hope to see you next weekend! I'd love to see Hannah and Isaac interact together. And I'm sure I'd love to see you and Scottie too.

MaryAnn said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a fun getaway!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Cute little doggie! I couldn't get enough of my kids wearing those cute jamas with the ears. Love the updates. Melissa