Monday, August 20, 2012

The big 2-0!

Hannah turned 20 months old yesterday, and it's hard for me to believe what a big girl she is turning into!

In honor of her 20 months of life, I will share 10 things she loves and 10 things I love about her. That equals 20, you know. :)

What I LOVE:
1- Hannah still smothers me (and her baby doll and sometimes her daddy) with kisses several times a day.
2- She thinks she is so funny and laughs at herself when she is silly, and then she laughs even more hysterically when we laugh at her silly-ness.
3- Her cheeks--after all this time, I still can't get enough of them.
4- Her imaginative play is awesome. A couple weeks ago, I heard her smacking her lips. I looked over and she was using a toy spoon to pretend to feed all the people in the picture slide show on my laptop. Adorable!
5- She is getting more and more independent, but she is still a total mommy's girl. :)
6- Hannah adores her daddy and wants to talk to him on the phone multiple times a day.
7- Her voice is kind of deep and a little scruffy. I love to hear her talk and sing.
8- Her beautiful blond hair is getting longer and thicker and less easily tangled.
9- Her face is so expressive, and she gives sassy looks that I recognize from my childhood photos.
10- Hannah usually loves to takes naps and to go "night night," and she loves to rock and snuggle beforehand. I absolutely love holding her cute head in the crook of my arm.

What Hannah LOVES:
1- Singing & finger plays continue to be some of Hannah's very favorite past times, and she is super adorable doing all the actions.
2- Puzzles. She has a stack of them that she dumps on the floor several times a day and loves matching the pieces. She also loves her aunt Jana's Russian nesting dolls, and she pulls them apart and puts them back together many times a day.
3- She still loves books and is currently obsessed with two of her library books, "Five Little Pumpkins" and "I Love My Daddy Because." I'm less-than-obsessed with them at this point. :)
4- Climbing. A few weeks ago (before deciding she wanted to walk), Hannah decided that she wanted to climb more than just stairs, and now she is becoming a pro and recently mastered climbing onto our high couches.
5- Talking. Hannah talks all day, and I'm understanding more and more of what she says. Her language exploded after spending a week with all her Clayson cousins last month. Now she will mimic and repeat just about anything we say or do. She even loves to mimic our old-people grunts when we get up off the floor, etc. So funny! But I'm a little sad to report that she rarely says "Ga-pa-ga" anymore. Now it's just "Ga-pa."
6- Hannah's favorite toys are her dollhouse and dolls. Yup, she's an imaginative girl.
7- Doing everything herself. Tonight she repeated "I do" over and over as Scott changed her diaper.
8- People. Hannah is still super social and waves, smiles, and talks to everyone when we're in public. And she's also still a total flirt with the boys.
9- Being outside. It just plain makes her happy.
10- WALKING! Yup, Hannah has apparently decided that she loves to walk and has continued to want to walk virtually all the time (minus a couple of days when she was super sick this past week and crawled occasionally).

And now a few pics of the cutie pie:

Hannah really wants to get in her baby doll's crib.


This was the first time Hannah climbed onto the dishwasher. She was so proud. :)

The one and only time Hannah has ever fallen asleep in her feeding chair.

Hannah loves to dump out most containers and climb inside them.

And this is the most exciting thing Hannah did yesterday to celebrate her 20 months of life. She's a party animal. :)

Scott and I absolutely love our adorable 20-month-old toddler!!!

3 comments:

D. said...

She is so cute and so big! Who's watching her during the school year when you work?

Elmer said...

She's getting so big! One of these days we need to get her and Eva together to play. They have many of the same interests...imagine that! ;)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Super cute little niece of mine, I miss being around her as she is getting so big!