Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thank heaven for Scottie Buh-Dottie!

Scottie turned 36 yesterday! The night before, he informed me that he was depressed to be entering his late 30's. I informed him that 36 most definitely is NOT late 30's (give us at least another year, for crying out loud). We had fun celebrating yesterday and tonight...

Hannah liked the looks (and later the taste) of this birthday cake for Scott and his niece, Lauren, who shares his birthday.

And Scott loves Dora. :)

Hannah thoroughly enjoyed Lauren's pool party. Scott joined the party later for pizza, cake, and ice cream while I was working.

Scott then spent some quality time reading to Hannah.

And they shared some hugs and kisses before Scott put Hannah to bed. We then played Chicken Foot (Dominoes) with some of Scott's fam. Good times.

Scott loved the cards and candy he got from his favorite wife and his favorite daughter.

And he especially loves the grill he got as a combined birthday/Father's Day gift.

We extended the celebration by going out tonight for all-you-can-eat sushi with a friend and some family. Scott actually smiled! (In pictures, he usually looks more like John does here.) :)

Me & Jen & Jana--We were pretty much too stuffed to move.

John took this amazing pic. I love Scott's one-eyed peek. :)

The celebration continues tomorrow night with dessert with some friends. I know, I know. Scott's a party animal. And he's also pretty stinking awesome. I'm WAY glad he was born 36 years ago, yo! :)

4 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Fun Stuff! Good times, looks like Sushi was fun...I didn't really ask John about it.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Looks like good times. I want some sushi and I love that Scott is smiling after eating sushi. It's because of the Happy Sushi guy, right? Happy Birthday Dora loving, Mary Ann loving, Hannah loving brother of mine!

Sandy Brunson said...

Happy Birthday Scottie! What fun celebrations. I'm especially sad to have missed a combined pool party. I've been wanting to take Isaac swimming all summer long but have failed...

MaryAnn said...

Thanks for sharing Lauren's pool party. It is so fun to have you both together for your combined birthday. Happy Birthday Scottie!