Thursday, July 26, 2012

Disneyland with the fam!


Last week we had an absolutely fabulous family reunion with my family! We stayed one night in Vegas on our way to California for 2 days at Disneyland and California Adventure and then a trip to Ventura to visit the beach and also my grandparents' graves. We then spent one more night in Vegas on our way home. I took lots of pictures...

 DAY 1: Drive to Vegas, dinner, & playing with the whole fam


 
 Here are 10 of the 12 nieces and nephews. Super cute!

 Hannah sporting her darling Disney princess outfit.

DAY 2: Swim in Vegas, drive to Cali, dinner at hotel, & beach for some

 Hannah loves her floaty. And she sure looks cute in her Minnie Mouse swim suit and swim hat!

Ashley & Katelyn enjoying the hot tub.

 Faith & Mikayla being goofy. :)

 
 All the fun boy cousins together.

 Joseph kept Hannah entertained for hours on our drive to California. Nice!

 This cutie pie was glad to be out of the car.

 A night trip to Newport Beach. Dark but fun!

DAY 3: DISNEYLAND!

We got to the park when it opened. :)

The whole Clayson clan in our fun matching shirts!

Hannah loved stealing this cute hat from her cousin, Mikayla.

 Hannah's first ride at Disneyland--Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!

 She liked Autopia until she decided she wanted to stand up to avoid being squished between her squishy parents. :)

 Hannah's favorite part of Disneyland--walking along any dirty railing that she possibly could. I'm totally serious. :)

 Small World with the fam while Scott tried to give Hannah a nap.

 Killing two birds--letting Hannah enjoy her railing while trying to keep her hydrated.

Yay for Splash Mountain! And yay for my parents who kindly watched Hannah while we rode bigger rides!

Silly Hannah!

The little crew that went on Pirates while the others went on Indiana Jones.

 You can't tell from this picture, but Hannah really liked Pirates.

She was just in desperate need of the sleep she fell into soon after. :)

I enjoyed my traditional chocolate-covered frozen banana while Scott and I took turns riding Thunder Mountain (taking advantage of short lines during Fantasmic).

Then Scott took Hannah to the hotel to sleep while I enjoyed a few more rides with some of the fam. What was I thinking getting into a teacup with these 3 spinning maniacs?!?!

Rylan and Katelyn were totally zonked. Ouch!

Love this photo!

DAY 4: More Disneyland & California Adventure!

Some of our fam got up bright and early to get on the big ride in Cars Land. We let Hannah sleep in a little.

 But we did enjoy the other 2 smaller rides in Cars Land.

Yes! Hannah found her beloved railings again!

Isn't Tow-Mater the cutest? Next to Hannah, of course!

Aunt Jana was able to get Hannah to sleep in her stroller while we went on Soarin'. Sweet!

When Hannah woke up, Scott and I took her back to Disneyland to ride on the train and to do a few Fantasyland rides. This pic of Scott on the Alice in Wonderland ride totally cracks me up!

 Hannah liked her view of the parade from the ride.

 Hannah was hot and tired and had a bit of a meltdown in the line for Peter Pan. Gotta love the look on Scott's face. :)

Never fear! Hannah perked right up when we let her go back to the exciting railing. Too bad she kept grabbing the bum of the poor lady in front of us.

Hannah's favorite ride of all was definitely Small World. She was in happy awe. So we took her on it again later. :)

 One last pic in Disneyland before heading back to California Adventure.

We enjoyed the river run ride with the fam as well as dinner before Scott took Hannah to the hotel to sleep and I waited in line for almost 2 hours for the big Cars Land ride that had broken down earlier. Thank you, Cole, for providing great entertainment in line. :)  And yes, I know that I look freakish in this pic.

 I think the wait was super fun, and the ride was totally worth it! Afterward, Cole & I went on Soarin' one more time before I did some last-minute souvenir shopping. Have I mentioned that I LOVE Disneyland?! But, boy, were my feet aching.

DAY 5: Ventura, beach, grandparents' grave, & drive back to Vegas

 We ate lunch at a family favorite--Andria's. Yum!

 Then we fed our leftover fries to the seagulls.

 And we enjoyed some time at the beach.

I absolutely love this beach-loving cutie pie!

She totally loved the water!

 
 She kicked and splashed in it like crazy!

Hannah thought the sand was pretty cool too.

And she even "helped" Katelyn build a sand castle. I'll have to try later to download some awesome video we got of her playing in the water.

Family pic at the beach where I spent many a childhood afternoon playing and exploring.

It was wonderful for so many of us to be able to visit my Clayson grandparents' graves.

Throughout the trip, Hannah had so much fun trying to act big with her cousins.

We of course had to make a pit stop at good ol' Charlie Brown's on Pearblossom Highway. We got back to Vegas super late that night, but it was so worth it to spend some time in Ventura!

DAY 6: Swim in Vegas, lunch in Mesquite, & drive home

We took a quick swim in the morning. Hannah absolutely loves the pool. Then we had lunch with part of the fam in Mesquite before heading home.

Beautiful Hannah with her cute Minnie Mouse doll. She loves "Mimmie." :)

We had such a wonderful vacation! It truly was an exhausting blast! We certainly loved spending so much time with my family! Thanks tons to my mom and dad for making all the magic happen!!!

4 comments:

Elmer said...

Yay for Disneyland! It's my favorite, most exhausting vacation I ever go on. I want to go back! I'm glad you all had such a magical time.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

So fun! I love Soarin..I think I went like 4 times because I did the single rider thing..it was awesome! Hannah does look like she had lots of fun..Scott..not so much. John's really never going to want to go after seeing these pics. :)

Sandy Brunson said...

Looks like a fun trip. I think you guys are brave for doing it all with a busy 18 month old. I can only imagine what that trip would have been like with Isaac...Maybe you are just a more relaxed parent than I am. Turns out I'm kinda high strung...hmmm. Good for you and thanks for sharing the photos.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun. My kids are so jealous... Maybe someday.