Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy's Day & Nursery

Due to the fact that Scott hasn't blogged in several years, I guess I will speak for him in saying that he had a good Father's Day. He was able to sleep in, and I even fried him some eggs (yes, I am amazing like that). He got a card and a candy thermometer from Hannah (gotta love Scott and his love of kitchen gadgets). He also got a card and some treats from me. Scott's combined Father's Day and birthday gift will be a full-sized grill to replace his puny one that he hates. He has yet to pick it out.

Anyway, this afternoon Scott took Hannah to Nursery (at church) for the first time (one day before she turns 18 months), and Hannah appeared to like it a lot. She didn't mind when Scott left after a few minutes, and every time we snuck out of Primary to peek at her through the large peep-holes she was just playing and watching all the other kids. Success. I guess we'll see how next week goes now that she knows how long she will be left in there.

This evening we had dinner and played games with Scott's fam. It was fun. We celebrated Father's Day with my fam last Wednesday.

Scott finished the day rocking his sweet baby girl to almost-sleep...

What a cute, tired happy baby with her adoring daddy!

I guess I won't go on and on like I usually do about what  great daddy Scott is to Hannah. Just know that he is one of the main reasons Hannah is such a happy, funny girl. She sure loves her daddy, and I love him too! Happy Father's Day, Daddy Scottie!

**Update on Hannah: She is stubborn. Plain and simple. Her physical therapist and developmental specialist agree that Hannah could walk on her own all the time if she wanted to, but she just doesn't really want to. And she is way too smart to be tricked into doing it. Hannah actually boycotted her walker 2 weeks ago, and has only used it briefly on 4 occasions since then. But Hannah has made up a game where she says "let go" (eh-go) and will stand on her own for several seconds and then clap for herself. I haven't tried to make Hannah walk on her own for a week now, and I think it is helping her be less resistant to standing/walking. I'm still trying to find the right balance of accepting Hannah's timetable for walking and encouraging her gross motor development. Good, good times. Please keep Hannah in your prayers. Thanks!

1 comment:

D. said...

When I was reading this I thought Hannah got Scott a thermometer made of candy...ha ha. Typical of me....