Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hope of America

Tonight we had the privilege of watching my niece, Faith, perform in the Hope of America program at the Marriott Center (part of the Freedom Festival). I hadn't seen one of these programs in many years. I was impressed by the quality and emotion behind the kids' singing. It made me reflect on how blessed I am to be an American.

Faith is right in the middle of the flag. She was actually quite easy to spot.

I'm so proud of this girl. She has overcome so much to get to where she is now.

Faith truly gives me hope for the future of America. She is pretty much the kindest, funniest, most thoughtful, sensitive, creative, helpful, and loving person I have ever met. I love her so much!

And, of course, this silly baby also gives me great hope for the future of America.

Hannah turned 16 months old today. Somehow that seems so much older than 15 months. We celebrated by attending the Hope of America program and also by seeing Hannah's cute baby cousin, Logan, go home from the hospital earlier today. Way fun!

For the record, a few weeks ago Hannah cut her 16th tooth. And she is super close to walking on her own. She totally tears it up with her walker. She's just a little afraid to try walking her own. I'm not worried that it will happen, but I'm hoping it will happen sooner than later--mainly because I'm ready for Hannah to be done with physical therapy (and also because I'm sure she will love walking on her own). So please send prayers our way for Hannah to walk soon. I think we might need another one of your miracles. :)

3 comments:

Elmer said...

I was down on the floor of the Marriott center the other day helping to get stuff ready for graduation this week and wondered what the lines on the floor were for...now I know! That's a cool picture of all the kids as the flag!

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun! Glad to hear that Hannah continues to progress.

Christina said...

Thank you for your support for faith and the sweet things you said! :-) i whole-heartedly agree with every word!!!