Scott and I decided to do a practice run of camping with Hannah before we committed to the Carter family camp out next month. So on Friday night we went up to Nunns Park to camp. It's the perfect spot--beautiful and less than 15 mins from our home (in case Hannah wasn't keen on camping).
Well, it was a big success. Hannah did great. She absolutely loves being outdoors. She is mesmerized by trees, and there were plenty up there to stare at.

Hannah enjoyed eating graham crackers while Scott and I roasted hot dogs for our appetizer (while our tin foil dinners cooked).

Hannah really can feed herself, but she's happy to let her doting daddy do all the work.

A shot of Hannah staring at the trees. Cute, but it wasn't exactly easy to get this distracted baby to nurse.

Our campsite. That place was busy!

Scott was miraculously able to get Hannah to take a nap. He loves this pic of his nose and chin. :)

My delicious dinner. And yes, I ate almost the whole thing.

I enjoyed some s'mores while Hannah enjoyed staring at the fire.

Hannah slept from 10pm to 6am--about what she does at home. It was a little chilly that early, so we had to warm up with a fire.

A tired Scott cuddling a happy Hannah.

Hannah's nose looks cold, but I promise we kept her pretty dang warm.

Our healthy breakfast after an evening of gluttony. :)

Proof that Hannah can feed herself a cracker.

This little angel took a nap while we took down camp. And we were back home just after 9:30am.
It was a super fun camping trip with Hannah, and we can't wait to do it again!
1 comment:
sweet! next up: Stacey's back yard
Post a Comment