Monday, July 18, 2011

7 months old

Hannah is 7 months old today. I can't believe how fast time is flying! I feel like she just barely turned 6 months old. Part of me really wants to freeze time, and part of me can't wait to enjoy every new stage of Hannah's life.

Hannah started physical therapy a couple of weeks ago for her torticollis (tight neck muscle that pulls her head to her left side). She does not love the stretches and exercises that we have to do with her during physical therapy and at home. And she's way too smart to be tricked into doing them if she doesn't want to. Hannah totally cracks me up when she's not at all interested in the physical therapist's light-up/noise-making toys. She'd usually rather just watch the physical therapist intently (she has always been a total people watcher). Despite Hannah's resistance to the new stretches, exercises, and extra tummy time, she is making progress. Her head doesn't seem to tilt as much, she's getting a little closer to sitting on her own, and she just seems stronger overall.

Today Hannah weighed in 14 lbs. 13 oz--13th percentile (yes, I'm still doing weight checks every couple of weeks--don't judge me). Hannah's still skinny, but at least her percentile is staying consistent. And she has finally doubled her birth weight.

I snapped a couple of quick pics of the cutie pie tonight:

Hannah humored me with a half-smile.

She was super duper tired. And super duper cute.

Happy 7 months to our sweet baby girl! We love her so very much!!!

1 comment:

karen louise said...

There is NO WAY she is 7 months! I haven't even seen her yet! That's it, I'm coming over! When is a good time? She is freaking cuuuute!