Sunday, January 9, 2011

Exactly what I wanted for Christmas

Last Christmas Scott and I made wish lists to make gift-giving easier for each other. Not surprisingly, this was at the top of my list:

This year I got exactly what I wanted--a precious baby who happens to be very cute and a bit chubby (especially compared to the other babies in the NICU). :)

See. I told you she was cute. And just look at those chubby thighs.

Christmas Eve visitors--Aunt Jana & Uncle Saul.

Adoring Clayson grandparents. (Christina came too, but I didn't get her picture before she had to leave to work in the NICU).

Santa came early Christmas morning.

Scott's lonely string of colored lights.

Good thing we decorated long before the baby came.

We were spoiled with tons of Christmas gifts & goodies from friends, family, & neighbors.

Hannah in her Christmas jammies on Christmas morning.

Santa filled Hannah's stocking with diapers and a rattle and our stockings with fun gifts and yummy goodies (thanks to a last-minute run to the store).

Hannah's Christmas haul (minus a few things not pictured).

On Christmas day, we ventured to the Carters' to exchange gifts, get pictures with Hannah's cousin Isaac, and be held by Grandpa Carter & other fam. We also had to take Hannah to the hospital to get her bilirubin checked. Poor baby.

Hannah was sleepy after a long, wonderful Christmas day.

Nighty night, Christmas miracle! You are our best Christmas present EVER!!!

9 comments:

MaryAnn said...

So glad you got your Christmas wish! And she is very cute - but not really that chubby. Hopefully that will come with time.

Christina said...

Missing her soooooo much!!!! I am so happy that she finally is here. She has such a strong and beautiful fighting spirit! I lover her (and her parents are OK too). Welcome to the world of being chopped liver cuz everyone loves on the baby, and you come 2nd. LOVE YOU HANNAH!!!!! MWAH!!!

Stacey said...

I'm so excited to be the third to comment! I'm always 14th or so! I do have to say, Santa was quite perceptive this year.

OneSharpMom said...

Hannah is such a beautiful little angel.

Kathy said...

I am so happy for you! You look great and she is gorgeous!

Sandy Brunson said...

Agreed. She is definitely the best Christmas gift. What a lucky family!

Robinson Family said...

She is one beautiful little girl with some wonderful parents! Enjoy every minute with her; I'm sure you will knowing how hard it was to get her here. I'm glad you had such a special Christmas! Keep the pictures coming (a blog book is a great way to document her first year...) I'm working on my book for 2010. Happy new year!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

She is a beautiful little girl. I hope she gets better and my prayers are directed hers and your way!!!!

Robinson Family said...

You're all in our prayers too!