Monday, December 6, 2010

Thankful

I am so thankful for...

FAMILY & FOOD:
We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with my fabulous family at my grandma's house.

Most of my adorable nieces and nephews were there.

We enjoyed a 2nd yummy Thanksgiving dinner with my wonderful in-laws (some of whom love public displays of affection).

A couple of days later we had good Mexican food with great company.

I love my loco nieces and nephews!

FUN:
Scott took me on a fun Rockettes date for my birthday. He liked the wooden soldiers the best.

I really liked the show, and I think Scott liked it more than he is willing to admit. :)

We ate delicious sushi (cooked rolls) after the show.

FUTURE:
Since Thanksgiving, I have been thinking a lot about all of my blessings. I have reflected quite a bit on where I was exactly 5 years ago. My divorce was barely final, and I was devastated by the belief that I would never realize my dream of having an eternal marriage and children. I am still amazed by how quickly life changed for me. I am so incredibly grateful to have found Scott. He is an amazing husband, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. We are overwhelmingly thankful for the opportunity we have been given to become parents. This is a dream that we have both had for a very long time, and it's so fabulous to share this joy together. We are very thankful for all you loving friends and family who have supported us through this journey. We love you all!

**I think that I should add, for those of you who don't already know, that we found out last week that our baby is breech. Our doctor offered to try to do an external version to try to flip her, but we decided that the risks, pain, and cost wouldn't be worth it for us. So we are waiting and hoping that she will turn on her own. If she doesn't, we are grateful for modern medicine that will make a c-section a safe alternative. Please pray that she does turn for us but that above all she is healthy! Thank you!!

8 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Prayers coming from this quarter. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

Hopefully she will turn by herself! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Barbara said...

I'm thankful for many things also, including you all. My prayers are with you for a healthy baby no matter how she gets here.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I'm not so sure about that picture...sam and di..yuck and maybe you should take a closer look at john like I did...something is not quite right there.

Elmer said...

Aah, that was sweet. :) That baby girl is going to be here so soon! I'm excited for you and praying everything goes well.

glarcy said...

Wow... a post where you tell how much you are thankful for your husband? You are just shocking me left and right with the normality of your marriage!

Janet said...

Hope and pray that all goes well with the delivery. I'm excited for y'all. Glad to see La Casita is still alive and faring well.

Jenni said...

Life turns on a dime. So happy for you both!