Our baby's room is finally (mostly) done. Scott and I learned a lot along the way about our lack of painting expertise and our lack of home improvement knowledge. Trial and error is not my favorite way to go, but I guess it's a glimpse into how parenthood usually goes.
Scott and I agreed on a lady bug theme (without too much pink), and we are actually very happy with the results.

We hung the matching valance, and our fabulous artistic friend added the cute paintings on the walls. This area still needs a small bookshelf under the window.

I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time in our new glider/rocker.

We bought a matching crib, changing table, and dresser. Scott loves to play the mobile. :) We are also going to hang my favorite picture of Christ over the crib.

A closer look at the cute crib bedding.

We love the dragon fly. And the pillow pet--courtesy of my cute niece Faith.

The most boring wall, but I will soon be hanging the shelves on the wall and adding pictures.

Now we need to transfer this huge pile of gifts that is in our room into the baby's room. Do you think we can fit it all in?
**Update on our baby: We had a doctor appointment on Wednesday, and he did an ultrasound to determine that she was still breech. So we scheduled a c-section for December 21st. If she turns before then, they will induce me as early as the 17th. Or if I go into labor, they will check to see if she has turned and then go from there. We are still hoping she will turn on her own. And I'm actually feeling like she might have turned during my pre-natal water aerobics class later on Wednesday. We won't know for sure until our next appointment on Wednesday, so please keep praying for us. Our main hope is that she is born healthy no matter how she comes. We will definitely be parents in 11 days! Yay!
8 comments:
Yay! So Cute, we've seen lots of cute lady bug rooms this year but I like yours the most because it's not so pink. I can't believe it's not too long before hp#2fc gets here. (I really did not want to type all those names)
love the room. pretty sure we bought the same glider and I am sitting in it right now typing one-handed while I try to rock Isaac to sleep. can't wait to see all three of you in a couple of weeks. I'll be praying for both you and the babe.
I think it is kinda of funny how different the green looks on each wall, even though they are the same color. I guess that last picture is the one that is most like it really is.
wow, I love your baby nursery. It is beautiful. Take it easy while you can and sleep now before the baby comes.
Great job on making a space for baby. I am trying to figure out Megan's hp#2 bit...help. I will pray and hope that your baby has turned, and that everything goes well. Love you guys!
Very cute room! Looks like you are all ready for baby's arrival!
So cute! Melissa did a great job with the artwork. :)
Ah... I was anonymous until emily's comment :)
Thanks for giving me employment for a day!
Post a Comment