Monday, October 4, 2010

My fabulous grandma

My grandma celebrated her 85th birthday last weekend. I'm so grateful that she has persevered through so many trials and illnesses so that I can continue to be blessed by her presence in my life. My grandpa died over 15 years ago, and I know my grandma has been very lonely without him. But I am so grateful that she is still here with us. My grandma is an amazing woman. She reared 6 incredible children (including my wonderful mom), taught elementary school for over 30 years, wrote many operettas for her school kids to perform, sang in numerous choirs including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, obtained her Master's Degree, and had the best family reunions ever at her home with a pool near Disneyland. She and my grandpa moved to Utah when I was a teenager, and they continued many great family traditions. My grandma has given me so much, but the most important thing she has given me is her example--of faith, testimony, dedication, diligence, kindness, prayer, love, charity, and gratitude. Her faith and testimony have helped get me through some dark times in my life. One of the great blessings of working part time this past year has been the opportunity I've had to spend more quality time with my grandma. She's always so grateful for the small things I do for her, but she doesn't realize how much her faith and support have done for me. I love our visits. And I absolutely love my grandma.

Here is a picture of me and my beautiful grandma during her birthday celebration.

It was a fun weekend with lots of family here to celebrate my wonderful grandma, as well as the homecoming of my cousin.

I really wish my grandma could live forever. At least I'll have her forever in the next life.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Love this post. Love the love you have for Grandma. Thanks for sharing!

Grammyzanne said...

What a beautiful post! Hope your grandma gets to read/see it. You strongly resemble your grandma! Accept for the age difference I'd think I was seeing twins.

runningmom said...

Beautiful write up about Grandma. She really is amazing. And you too! Don't know what we'd do without you being right there for her!

LOVE the picture of you and grandma together.