Monday, August 2, 2010

Last chance

You only have 3 days left to vote for whether or not you think Scott and I are having a girl or a boy. We have an ultrasound scheduled for this Thursday afternoon, and we definitely want to find out what we are having. Right now the boy vote is edging out the girl vote 18-16. However, a certain person (whose name starts with "S" and ends with "cott") voted for a boy on every computer in his office, so the vote is really more like 16-14 (favoring us having a girl).

Scott wants a boy because he thinks the oldest should be a boy. I have always thought that I wanted a boy first because I always wanted an older brother (or any brother for that matter). But now I really don't care what we have. When we first started our infertility testing and treatments about 2 years ago, I always imagined that we would have a girl first. But I figured I was probably just thinking this because I didn't want to be disappointed if I didn't have a boy first. Then I got pregnant, and I didn't really have an opinion on the matter. I was just so excited to have any baby. Then I saw our baby throwing punches at our 10-week ultrasound, and I assumed it must be a boy. Since then, I have had 2 dreams in which we were having a girl. So now I think we are having a girl. And this time it's because I really want a girl. But I also really want a boy. In other words, I truly don't care. I just want a healthy baby--preferably cute and chubby. :)

And in case you were wondering, our last ob/gyn appointment almost 2 weeks ago went really well. My childhood bishop is just as fabulous as I remember him. What a relief!

5 comments:

Elmer said...

I know I voted before, but I don't remember what I voted for. I just voted again for a girl. For no reason. Except you could name her Emily. :) Either way, can't wait to find out!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Ever since you said you were pregnant I have thought you two would be having a girl, as much as I would want you to have a boy so we could have a train of boys for a change. So, that is how I voted and I still believe it will be a girl. So, I would be happy to be surprised and see I was wrong, but I am not expecting it to turn out that way. Good luck, and a healthy baby is certainly the best bet either way!!!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Healthy baby is my vote. After two girls, I looked at my bouncing baby boy and thought maybe they had sent the wrong model! But like you, I was happy to have any child who came my way. Best wishes. Aunt Lynda

glarcy said...

Boys are fun. Also, I think the world could use more boys to even out its ratio.

bullfrogranch said...

it is a girl and is named hannah sent from the future.