First of all, when I woke up the day after I ended my job I made a spontaneous decision to drastically cut my hair. I had been thinking about doing it for awhile, but I thought I would wait a few more months before actually going through with it. It ended up a little shorter than I thought I asked for (9 inches off the back), but I actually like it. And I loved having short hair for our hot and humid vacation.
This is my attempt at taking my own "before" picture.

And here is my new do, after a long day of errands and a fun evening of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows with co-workers. Not quite as cute as when I left the salon, but you get the picture.



And now for the next big change in my life. I am getting a new car, but it was NOT my idea. My car was stolen the night before we left on vacation--right from my covered parking stall in our condo parking lot. Don't ask me why they picked my 1998 Honda Civic when they had their pick of numerous nicer cars. We didn't discover it was missing until a half hour before we were supposed to leave for the airport when I sent Scott to get my sunglasses out of my car. I was so stressed getting ready for our trip that I didn't even call the police until we were on our way to the airport. My car was recovered the next afternoon in Taylorsville. All they told me was that the ignition was punched and it was undriveable. My sister went up a couple of days later to check it out for me, and it looked horrible. The insurance adjuster declared it a total loss because it would cost as much to fix it as it was worth. Scott and I and his dad stopped by to see it on our way home from the airport on Monday. It was really depressing. The morons did way more damage than was necessary, and they took several worthless personal items. I am most upset that they took my little Cubbie bear that I had hanging from my rear-view mirror. I bought that at my very first Cubs game after I moved to Chicago. Sad. As much as I complained about the quirks of my car, I really loved it. I bought it 8 1/2 years ago, and I only once had to do a major repair. It took me across the country a couple of times, and I just have many great memories in that car. May it rest in peace.
Well, here's a few pictures of the damage.




I'm now looking for a new car with the $4000 I got from my insurance. Any suggestions on what I should get? I'm thinking not a Honda.
11 comments:
They took the license plate?
Love my Sonata
Cute haircut! Sorry about the car, man.
Love your blog!
That is a cute hair cut. I believe that Honda's are the #1 most stolen vehicles, so going with something else might be wise!
Your haircut is so darn cute!! I love it!!! I want mine done like that!
I'm so sorry about your car...that is just insane!! I have a Honda Accord, love it, but know it's the highest stolen car...so, yes, maybe don't get a honda? Didn't you have it broken into in AZ when you lived there, too? Arg!!!
And yes, lets do go camping or something soon!
Such cute hair!! I love it! Glad you guys had fun and they found the car, although damaged. Toyotas are good too, but I love having a subaru for the all wheel drive.
Hi Annie, So sorry to hear about the car. What a pain. I love our Toyota cars. They have been so reliable and they hold their value and don't require a ton of upkeep. Looking for cars can be such a pain. Take your time and find something you really like.
Cute hair cut. I am getting mine done tomorrow. It's been on the calendar for 3 weeks now. Gotta love living in a small town.
Jen
So sorry about your car. I, too hope you find another one you can love and be comfortable in. I also really like your hair. Good job!!
this was the post i've been waiting for. I didn't know about your hair!! i know you call that "short", but I call it long :)
Your "after" picture is how I remember seeing you the last time. Guess it's been awhile. 9 inches - wowsa! Did you donate your hair?
As for cars we really liked our Pontiac Vibe. They're made on the same line as the Toyota Matrix just different body styles.
Very cute haircut! Hope your trip was fun!
Good luck with getting a "new" car...how frustrating!!
Post a Comment