Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Booyah! for Braydon

I haven't blogged in three weeks for a couple of reasons. One reason is because my laptop is having serious issues, and the screen hasn't worked for over a week-and-a-half. Super frustrating. And since my phone won't let me use our wi-fi for some reason, I'm finally using Scott's phone to attempt to blog. (Yes, I am feeling very disconnected from the world.) The other reason I haven't blogged is because I was waiting to be ready to blog about something terribly sad before getting back to blogging about all the happy. "Braydon is gone. He died." That is the five-worded text I got from my sister Melissa about her husband 3 weeks ago, just as I was receiving the news via a call from my sister Jana (I had missed my dad's call). I was absolutely shocked, and I'm sure I'll never forget that sick feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. How in the world was it possible that someone so full of life was suddenly dead, leaving behind an amazing wife (my sister) and 4 adorable children?! For those of you who haven't heard about the accident (it was on the news here in Utah), my brother-in-law Braydon Nielsen was hit by a van while riding his bicycle with a group of triathletes in St. George. He was hit from behind, and they believe he died on impact due to massive head trauma. Braydon was a nurse, and the friends he worked with on Life Flight flew his broken body to the hospital where he had worked for a decade.f

No comments: