Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Booyah! for Braydon, part 2

This phone version of blogging is not letting me make a long post or make new paragraphs. Sorry. Anyway, I was fortunate to be able to drive down to St. George the morning after Braydon's death with Jana and Hannah and Maelie. And Scott came down the following day after work and stayed with us until we all went home about a week later. My entire family made it to St. George to be with Melissa and her kids. It was all so surreal--watching Melissa plan her husband's funeral and then graciously greet hundreds of people who stopped by the house and/or attended Braydon's viewings, funeral, and burial. It has been so incredibly heart-breaking to watch Melissa and her 4 sweet kids (ages 13, 10, almost 8, and 5) deal with the loss of their husband and daddy. But it has also been very heart-warming to see the outpouring of love and support from their friends, their ward, and the entire community. I didn't realize until after he was gone how many people's lives Braydon had touched by his positivity, his friendliness, and his determination to never give up (not to mention his signature exclamation of Booyah!). I love Braydon and will miss him. His life and death have motivated me to not take my blessings for granted and to reach out more to those around me. Please keep my sister Melissa and her children (Mikayla, Kyler, Rylan, and Katelyn) in your prayers for a very long time!

5 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

I have been praying for your sister, but didn't know her name. I now can add her name to my prayers. When I looked at the kids ages I realized that is my family...which makes my heart sad for your sister. I can't even imagine losing Jason right now. I will keep her and her kids in my prayers.

Jen said...

Hey MaryAnn,

I have been praying for Melissa and will continue to do so. Please send her love from our family.

bullfrogranch said...

Mary Ann, Great job on the blogging of this super sad event. I am still trying to get brave enough to blog about it on my own blog. Melissa is a strong and I am glad that we are her sisters so we can help rally for her as she continues to live and raise her children. We are praying for Melissa and her kids everyday.

Sandy Brunson said...

I am so sad for your sister and her family. Can't even imagine! We'll be praying.

Elmer said...

I've thought about your family a lot the last few weeks. I know it's not something you ever "get over," but I hope you all, especially Melissa and the kids, can find some peace. Love you!