Last weekend, in the midst of taking Hannah to Trafalga and the park, having lunch with some mission friends, and celebrating Memorial Day with family, I was able to get our spare bedroom/office clean and organized. Let me tell you, it was no small feat. That room has been greatly neglected since Hannah was born and had basically become a catch-all for everything we either didn't want to deal with or didn't want Hannah to get into. We were incredibly behind in our shredding, filing, and dusting. I spent hours and hours, including two very late nights, to get everything clean and organized. It feels really good to have it done, although we ended up filling up the room again with all the baby stuff we got out of Diana and Sam's attic. Nesting projects galore!
Here are a couple of pics of our Memorial Day festivities...
After breakfast and some weeding at my grandma's house, we headed to the cemetery with our extended family to visit my grandpa's grave. Hannah loved the Meservy bench there.
After Grandma shared some stories and words of wisdom, our family went back to her house for a picnic lunch. It was all a lot of fun.
I didn't get any pics of our delicious BBQ dinner with Scott's side of the family. Surprise, surprise. :)
This past weekend we didn't get quite as much nest-prepping done, although I was able to work on a couple of small projects. We spent most of the weekend hanging out with my family because my sister Melissa is in town with her fam. It has been a fun weekend for sure.
Hannah's first swim of the year was with a bunch of her cousins. After she warmed up to the idea, she had a blast!
Hannah looked adorable in her new swimsuit from her grandma Clayson.
We forgot to get swim diapers, so Hannah ended up with quite the ghetto booty. :)
Hannah enjoyed Trafalga even more than usual with all her cousins, aunts, and grandparents. She especially loved that everyone had a "pretty stamp" just like hers. :)
Cutie Hannah in my childhood shirt. Love my mini-Mary Ann! :)
Hopefully we will get some real nesting done in the midst of all our Summer fun. We found out on Friday that our baby is no longer breech, so I will be able to try a VBAC if I go into labor on my own. Yay! We should have a new baby in 4 weeks or less! Crazy-awesome!
5 comments:
Love the ghetto booty and the cute Mary Ann shirt! :)
That new baby will be here soon! Can't wait to see her this summer. I have some swim diapers left over from last summer that Emily no longer needs - I will bring them to you when I come up at the end of the month.
So glad your baby is no longer breech!!Best of luck with the birth.
I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. You are such a great mommy and Hannah is cute as ever! I miss you!
suuuper darn cute! :)
Post a Comment