This last weekend was really great because not only were we productive, but we also had plenty of fun. My kind of weekend for sure.
Friday night we attended my nephews' Pinewood Derby (the first one I've ever attended--fake singles ward ones don't count). Their cars didn't win, but they were definitely the most creative...
Apparently this post will have no pics. Dumb Blogger. Not sure why it won't work.
Anyway, after the Derby Hannah went home with her cousins to have a sleepover with them while Scott and I went on a rare date. We went and saw the newest Les Mis movie for my first time. We also bought a couple of small toys for our new baby at K-Mart while we waited for the movie to start. Good, ghetto times. I absolutely loved the movie, and Russell Crowe's singing didn't even bother me. It was a miracle that I stayed awake for the entire movie that started at 9:45pm, especially since I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before. It was just that good.
Scott enjoyed sleeping in the next morning, and I enjoyed resting in a little later than usual. We then spent the majority of the morning and afternoon cleaning and working on random projects. Hannah came home in the afternoon, even though she didn't want to leave her cousins' house. :)
Saturday evening we went out to dinner and then spent a few innings at a UVU baseball game (thanks to free tickets from John and Megan). It was really nice to spend a warm evening at a ballgame. Hannah really enjoyed it too.
The best thing we accomplished over the weekend was to clean our bedroom that has been neglected for months. What a relief!
Fun and productive--great weekend for sure!
1 year ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you were able to get a good date in before the baby comes. Hopefully you'll get a few more! I know I wouldn't last through a 9:45 movie though. That's way past my bedtime! :)
Les Mis was amazing! I didn't mind Russell Crowe either. And I'm not usually a big baseball fan, but lately I've been in the mood to go so next time you go to a game let me know!
So I've been MIA for a while...a new baby?!?! How wonderful! I'll go read more...
Post a Comment