Last Friday (the 14th), I had a doctor's appointment. The first thing he did was search for the baby's heartbeat with the doppler thingy. Well, he searched and searched and wasn't finding it. Needless to say, I was freaking out on the inside and trying not to look at Scott because I knew I would burst into tears. The doctor played it cool though and said that it happens a lot this early into pregnancy, and then he took us on a "field trip" to another room to have an ultrasound. He found the heartbeat fairly quickly. Phewy McPhewerton! Apparently my bladder was too full and had pushed the baby off to the side. Kind of weirdy. Anyway, my doctor said that things are looking good. He also said that if I go at least 2 weeks without any bleeding (I've still had light bleeding off and on), I can start doing a little more. That would be nice. I really miss exercising. And Hannah really misses me carrying her.
I must admit that this pregnancy hasn't been quite as enjoyable as my pregnancy with Hannah was. With Hannah, I had all the time in the world to bask in the delight and awe of finally being pregnant. And I could rest whenever I wanted to. Also, I actually reveled in any and all symptoms I had because it was proof that I was finally going to have a sweet baby. This time, I'm too busy and too tired to bask in much of anything. However, I do feel gratitude daily that I have this blessing of expecting another baby. And I've actually been able to feel movement for about 2 weeks now (much sooner than with Hannah) which makes it more real and amazing.
I have been quite a bit more nauseous with this pregnancy than I was with Hannah, but I haven't thrown up (knock on wood). Many people say this must mean that I'm having a boy. Who knows?! I have also felt a lot of normal fatigue and some moodiness (just ask Scott). And I've felt even more cold than I did with Hannah, thanks in part to the cold weather. I seriously think I'll freeze to death at times. I'm pretty sure this is an unusual pregnancy symptom. Scott thinks I'm a freak, so please let me know if you've heard of anyone else getting super cold throughout their pregnancies. :)
Anyway, please keep us in your prayers. I know that every little prayer helps.
A few random pics of Hannah...
Hannah concentrating on the potty. Don't worry--we've moved it to the bathroom.
Hannah insisted that I help her put her new Hello Kitty underwear on over her jammies. Fashionista? :)
Hannah the homey Cougar fan during the bowl game. Go Cougs!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
5 comments:
You're not alone in the never-get-warm pregnant category. I remember being SO cold last December when I was pregnant with Ryan. You're in good company. :)
I was cold with Isaac and HOT with Ben. I didn't realize how hot I was with Ben until after her arrived and now I'm freezing all the time. And I do hope you are having a boy. But I'm mostly just glad you are out of the first tri. Also, I hear you about not being able to bask in the moment. Having another child to take care of changes everything!
I was never cold - just stinkin' hot all the time - but I do live in Las Vegas. My sickless level was different with every pregnancy and I always hope that meant it was a boy but, alas, they were all girls. Hopefully you are having a boy, though. Hang in there!
Um, those underwear over the clothes is awesome! Love it! She is such a ham! Love her!
I was never hot like the typical pregnant person, but I was never sick either and I had a boy...so who knows. Do love the undees and the "phewy mcphewerton" lol!
Post a Comment