Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Reunion in Vegas

We had a fabulous reunion with my family in Las Vegas for a few days in the middle of July!

On our way to Vegas, Scott and I stopped in St. George to see my adorable niece Katelyn and my brother-in-law. They were only able to come to the reunion for one day because poor Katelyn had severely burned her hand and had daily appointments at the wound clinic. Sad!

Our first evening there, we enjoyed dinner together and autographing each others' beach balls.

Each morning (and several evenings) we enjoyed the huge pool and 5 hot tubs.

The kids loved playing in the pool and lounging on the rafts.

And they had a blast on the fun water slides.

The pool was beautiful and miraculously cool considering how crazy hot the weather was.

I'm not sure how Scott could stand to be in the hot tub during the day.

My mom planned lots of fun crafts and activities for the kids.

Our delicious fiesta food.

The kids loved the pinata. Ay caramba!

We had a very loud and fun karaoke night.

We spent a day at an indoor amusement park--the Adventuredome. Joseph and Cole were buds on the Ferris wheel.

Jen and Ashley look happy, while Jason looks like he's hanging on for dear life.

Clay, Christina, and Camo rockin' on!

Cheesy Rylan was absolutely obsessed with this ride. And Clay liked it too.

Sweet Katelyn showed interest in some guy's stuffed lizard, and he just gave it to her. This happened 3 times that day. What a charmer!

Cole, Jason, and Kyler loved all the rides.

The whole gang waiting to watch a circus act.

One last ride on the Ferris wheel with Scott and Cole.

Another fun craft for the kids.

Mikayla rocked the limbo contest.

Joseph won part of the hula contest.

And Mikayla won the other part.

The scary pirates after they found their treasure. Arrrgh!

A delicious Hawaiian luau.

My mom and Melissa doing a flute duet for the talent show.

My mom and I played together too.

Don't ask me how I ever convinced Scott to perform the infamous "Pickles for Breakfast" with me, but I'm pretty sure he earned some points with my fam.

The kids all shared some amazing talents both separately and as a group.

My mom and we sisters did a fun lip sync.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful reunion! It was a ton of fun!!

4 comments:

Elmer said...

You guys sure packed in a lot of stuff in a few days. Looks like fun!

bullfrogranch said...

good job documenting the reunion. It was very fun!

Robinson Family said...

Wow, looks like fun times! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the summer. When do you find out what you're having?

glarcy said...

ok I think I need to know what "pickles for breakfast" is. Whatever it is, it sounds like you!