Scott and I have taken a couple of quick road trips these past 2 weekends. First, we drove to Vegas with Scott's cousin Jacob to visit Scott's sister MaryAnn and fam and to see her new baby. We stayed at Scott's aunt and uncle's house (thanks!), and we enjoyed lots of good baby-holding time. Scott also went to the horrible BYU/UNLV basketball game while we were there. Due to a miscommunication, there wasn't a ticket for me. Instead I enjoyed eating alone at In N Out and then watching the game with my sisters-in-law. A few pics:

Adorable Emily was born while we were in Hawaii.

Won't Scott make a cute daddy someday?!?

Megan & Lauren are always fun to spend time with.

Scott's sister Diana and her husband Sam were also in Vegas for the weekend. Fun family times!
This last weekend, Scott and I drove to Rifle, Colorado, to visit my sister Jen and her fam. We went to a ward Valentines dinner with Jen and Mike and really enjoyed the food and entertainment. We then spent most of the rest of the weekend watching the Olympics, playing games, and singing karaoke. It was a fun weekend! (Except for the drive home when Scott got a court summons for speeding in a construction zone. We actually have to go to Grand Junction next month for court. Annoying!!) More pics:

My niece Sierra has started playing the flute this year. I can't wait to play a duet with her sometime!

Karaoke time! Don't let the look on Scott's face fool you--he was singing along to many of the songs. :)

Mike and Ashley were more interested in coloring than singing.

On Monday we stopped for a delicious Thai dinner on our way home to celebrate Valentines Day and to try to eat away our court blues. We also wrote some amazing Valentines poems for each other that night. Let's just say they are a bit inappropriate to share, but they gave us a much-needed laugh.
We love road trips, but we are definitely looking forward to some quiet weekends at home.
5 comments:
Wow, I just barely checked your blog...it's been a while! Your trip to Hawaii looked amazing...I wish I could make a trip there...someday. And you, my friend, look amazing too! Skinny minnie!
Yay for road trips...I need to take one soon!
My mom was telling me about your ticket...way to burst a budget. I like the cheese about my brother, it is good he has you too!
What a cute baby...who has a cute name! :)
Aw man, you gotta really watch that speed near Grand Junction. They really nail people in that canyon. So sorry. It was fun to see you. The pictures are great.
It was fun to see you here too. Sorry about the speeding ticket - that stinks!
Post a Comment