Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cubs Spring Training

Ok, I'm going to attempt a post with pics... Scott and I spent last weekend in Arizona for Cubs Spring Training. I have gone every year since 1997 (excluding my mission years), and this was Scott's 2nd year. We/Scott drove to Vegas Thursday night and stayed with Scott's cousin Tyler (always so kind to give us his bed). Then we drove the rest of the way to Arizona on Friday morning (actually Scott drove the whole way because I was way sick and hadn't slept in 5 days), and we went to an afternoon Cubs game at Hohokam Park (Cubs' stadium) in Mesa. Scott and I then met up with 3 of my college friends and their families for dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant called Tia Rosa (the food was good enough to forgive the wait). We all then went to Melanie's house for dessert, catching up, and a little Catch Phrase. The next day, 2 of the same friends and their families met us in Phoenix for a Cubs game against the White Sox. We won both games we saw, which actually kind of disappointed me. I want the Cubs to stink this year because I'm sick of getting my hopes dashed. After the game, Scott and I headed back to Vegas to stay with his sister MaryAnn and fam for about 10 hours (thanks for breakfast!) and made it home to Utah just in time for the Draper Temple Dedication (and the yucky cold and snow). It was a fun, quick weekend!

Scott wearing all his Red Sox gear to the Cubs game--shirt, hat, AND watch!

My friend Roxanne holding Melanie's baby with her own son by her side. Cute!

Jodi, me, Melanie, & Melanie's baby at the game. It was at at least 90 degrees. Nice!

Too bad I had to go to the White Sox' stadium to get a good Chicago dog. Yum!

Scott and me at the Cubs game.



Wow, there's got to be a quicker, easier way to add pictures. Help!

10 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

How did you add the pictures?

Megan Campbell Carter said...

That's fun! I learned to put the pictures side by side and I love that....or making a collage...although my blog does not display many of those

karen louise said...

Oh gosh!!! I wish I could have been there...that dog looks so good to me right now, not to mention the awesome weather and the baseball!!

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Glad I was able to see you guys even if it was a short trip.

Mary Ann said...

I just added pics the only way I could see to do it. Every time I added a picture, it was placed right at the beginning of my post (no matter where I had the cursor). It took a lot of cutting and pasting to get things somewhat where I wanted them. Does this mean I have to blog backwards?

Melanie said...

What an adorable baby!! It was so fun seeing you and Scott. Thanks for spending time with us. David and Spencer had tons of fun! Can't wait until next year! I'm glad you come each year since the reason Steve and I got together was because of you and your love for the Cubs!

Barbara said...

So, how come I had to hear from Lynda that you guys have a blog? Fun stuff--sounds like a fun trip. I'll add you to my list.

Elmer said...

Hey MaryAnn, I followed your link on facebook to your blog. So this is random, but I know Jodi (Well, kinda. She's Kim's friend) and I know Melanie from the Holladay 29th ward (hi Melanie). It's such a small world! And if you care, my blog is at eeyre.blogspot.com :)

Robinson Family said...

Hi, and welcome to the blogging world. I can't think of anyone who travels more and has such fun stories to share. So, you need to come to Chicago for a Cubs game, and you should drive and make a stop in Indianapolis to see Scott's cousin Heidi on route:)

Braydon Nielsen said...

Right on, looks like a blast. look forward to watching all the fun times you guys have. we love ya