Monday, September 29, 2014

Monthly Maelie Update

Yup, it's that time of month again. Time for a brief update on Maelie, which is pretty much all that I blog about lately.

Maelie turned 15 months old yesterday, and today I took her in for her Well Child Check. She was not a fan of the nurse, the doctor, and especially the shots, and she was not afraid to make her dislike known. She is a very expressive baby. :) Yes, I know she's not really a baby anymore. But I consider my girls my babies until they really start to walk. And today was actually the first day that Maelie has walked on her feet more than on her knees (which is hilarious) or crawling. So it looks like she has finally decided to become an official walker. And she seems pretty happy and proud of it. Maelie even gave us a great show tonight--walking around in circles in the living room and smiling, laughing, and clapping for herself. What a cutie! I guess I better stop calling her my baby.

Anyway, Maelie now weighs 22 lbs 4 oz (67th percentile), is 30.75 inches tall (only 58th percentile, but I don't buy it because she was screaming and kicking way too much to get a good measurement), and her cute little (big) head is 19 inches around (still 97th percentile). What a big girl!

Maelie is a delight to have in our family. She is so cute, sassy, and funny, and she totally keeps us laughing. She loves to be silly and make people laugh. Her fake laugh is absolutely hilarious. Yesterday she was laughing so loud during sharing time at church that she had most of the Primary kids and leaders laughing too. Maelie is very smart and observant. She loves to copy what we're doing, especially Hannah (which sometimes drives Hannah nuts). Maelie figures out how to maneuver, open, close, turn off, and turn on whatever she finds interesting. She loves books, baby dolls, things that make noise, pretend play, Dora, begging food off of all of us, being outside, jabbering (with about 10-15 words she uses regularly), saying "no!" constantly, pointing to her body parts, dancing, following Hannah everywhere, climbing (which Hannah almost never did), teasing her daddy, and just being cute. Maelie is healthy and usually quite happy. Lately she has had some trouble sleeping at night and napping during the day, but we're pretty sure that's mostly due to teething. She only has 7 teeth, so we hope she gets more soon. Maelie loves people and is friendly to most people until they try to hold her. :) Her favorite people are Hannah, her mommy, her daddy, her cousins, her aunts and uncles, and her grandparents.

Here are a few pics of the little darling (and her darling sister)...

 Just chillin' in the mornin'.

Maelie loves pulling out as many wipes as she can before we catch her. 

Cutie pies! 

 Enjoying a warm Fall afternoon.
 

So cute! 

 Looking for bubbles...

...and trying to pop them. 

Maelie's turn to "blow" bubbles. 

Looks more like she's brushing her teeth. Yuck! 

 This is the defiant look I get many times a day right before Maelie proceeds to do exactly what I have just told her not to do. Bless her cute little heart. :)

Swinging isn't Maelie's favorite outdoor activity. 

But eating wood chips is one of them, unfortunately. 

Cheese! 

Following Hannah. 

Maelie much prefers pushing swings rather than swinging in them. 

This is the first and only time Maelie has sat still long enough for me to put an elastic in her hair. 

She looks pretty dang cute. 

It didn't last much longer than the bows do though. Silly Mae Mae. 

I love finding my girls just happily hanging out together. 

This is the only pic I got of Maelie yesterday. We were in Salem celebrating Jana's birthday. Fun! 


This morning I took this pic of Maelie walking on her knees while dragging a blanket and carrying a doll. It looks so tiring and just might be what finally convinced Maelie that actual walking is easier and more efficient.


We sure love our big girl Maelie! We are so very grateful to have her in our family!!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Man - she sure looks a lot older than she did this summer. It has obviously been too long since I was in Utah!