Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day & a crazy night

I had a nice Mother's Day. We spent time with both of our families (we love our moms!), and we enjoyed some good food. The best part of the day was just being able to spend time with my sweet daughter Hannah. I took a few pics throughout the weekend...


On Friday night we enjoyed a really good BYU baseball game on a beautiful night with some fabulous friends.

I loved whenever Hannah would suddenly belt out "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  The people around us seemed to think it was pretty cute too. Scott was at the game with us. See his green shirt?

The only pics I took on Sunday were of Hannah playing in her Carter grandparents' backyard.

She especially loves the slide.

Just cheesin' and chillin' with her aunt Lynda and cousin Josh.

Oh, I also made Scott snap a picture of Hannah and me together once we got home that night. Seems crazy that I'll have another daughter next year.

I sure do love being Hannah's mommy! She is hilarious and adorable and smart and sweet and sassy and everything I could ever want in a child. I often am in awe of how blessed I am to be her mom and to be able spend so much quality time with her. Happy Mother's Day to me! (This weekend I plan to blog about some of the funny things Hannah has been doing and saying lately--she's a riot!)


On to the crazy night...

Sunday night, Hannah went to bed easily around 9pm, as usual. But then she woke up crying at 10:30pm and didn't go back go sleep until 4am. I think this would be unusual for most kids, but it was extremely unusual for Hannah. (She has always been a very good night sleeper.) We tried everything--rocking her, singing to her, finally giving her Tylenol in case she was in pain (which I'm now positive that she was), letting her lay in bed with us for an hour (for the first time), and finally just telling her to go get back in bed when she kept getting out of bed and running into our room. I wasn't able to sleep a wink until an hour after she did and then promptly woke up an hour later (for some reason I can almost never sleep past 6am anymore). Thankfully, Hannah slept in a couple of hours the next morning and then took a 3 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. She was absolutely exhausted! That day she miraculously let me look in her mouth. It turns out that since she went to the dentist in February, she has been teething up a storm. One of her 2-year-old molars is completely in, one is half-in, one has just broken through, and the other is about to poke through. Crazy-night mystery solved. She has been sleeping much better with the occasional help of Tylenol. And now she's back to her usual morning routine--yelling "Daddy! Daddy!!! I'm awake. Come get me!" and then waiting for Scott to go get her. Silly cutie. She's been a total Daddy's girl lately. :)

I hope all you moms, grandmas, aunts, and sisters had a fabulous Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Elmer said...

Good times! We need to go to another game before the baby is born!

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh that sounds like an aweful night! Isaac was a horrible teether as a baby but was no sweat with the 2 year molars. I kept asking him if they hurt and he would say no. I can't even remember if he woke up due to the molars or not. Poor Hannah!

Glad you had a good Mother's day and I can't wait for you to be the mother of 2. Yeah!

Jason&Shannon said...

Glad you figured out what was bothering Hannah and gave her some Tylenol. Perfect timing for her to start being more of a daddy's girl, hope it lasts till the baby comes and after to help with the transition!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!