It's been awhile since I posted any Hannah-isms. So here you go...
Hannah is a wee bit dramatic. She's usually really excited at the prospect of seeing a family member or a friend, but she often acts shy or sad for the first 5-10 minutes she sees them. And then suddenly she's over it and talking up a storm with them. One of Hannah's favorite past-times a couple of months ago (and still occasionally) was/is standing on her stool in the bathroom to watch herself fake-cry in the mirror. So funny.
Hannah sings (or talks) all day. We often hear her singing first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Lately her favorite songs are "Happy Birthday to (anyone and everyone)," "I love Mommy (or Daddy or every person she's ever met or thing she's ever loved)," and the Dixie Chicks' version of "Landslide." Hannah also loves to make up her own words to songs she already knows, and she often makes up her own songs about what she is doing or what is going on around her. She's usually on key.
Hannah is super friendly in public and says "hi" to everyone she sees at the store. She loves to tell people what we are buying and what she is pretending to eat. She's still a big flirt with the boys. :)
Hannah is very good at saying "thank you" but often needs to be reminded to say "please."
When Hannah first started talking a lot, she would say "I want___________." Now she almost always says "I need _________" or "I'm gonna____________."
Hannah has the best dance moves ever. Lots of hip shaking. And she totally has rhythm.
Hannah has several toy microphones, but she often converts other toys into microphones. She especially loves to prop her broom up over her stack of library books on our coffee table and then belt into it. :)
Hannah is constantly asking what everyone is doing. "What Mommy doing? What Daddy doing? What Hannah doing? What that friend doing (random people are considered friends too)? What those kids doing?" Fortunately, when I turn the question on her, she'll usually answer it herself. But after I've answered what I'm doing and then ask her what she's doing, she almost always answers that she is watching me do whatever I just told her I'm doing.
Hannah also loves asking where everyone and everything is. "Where'd my book go? Where's Daddy? Where's my cousins?" She also loves asking, "What's that noise?" I just can't wait for her questions to turn into "Why?" :)
Hannah loves to rub my back and "do" my hair, and she's actually pretty gentle and it often feels good. She also likes to stand behind her baby cousins and "do" their hair. They don't seem to like it as much.
Hannah still loves books, imaginative play (with her dolls, animals, kitchen, etc), doing puzzles, playing games (by her rules), and coloring. She's also getting really good at throwing balls. Just ask her aunt Diana how hard she can throw. :)
Hannah is getting braver and braver at parks and playgrounds. Last Summer, by the time she was walking she was still too timid to play much on playgrounds. Now she will climb by herself to the very top and go down long slides. She also has finally decided that she loves swings.
Hannah usually starts conversations with us by saying, "Hey, Mom" or "Hey, Dad." And she has to make sure we have both heard each conversation. It's very common for her to finish a conversation with one of us and then walk a few feet to the other person and say "Hey, Mom (or Dad)" and repeat the entire conversation. Throughout the day, she is constantly saying that she needs to tell her dad things.
Hannah is still obsessed with her cousins, her aunts and uncles, her grandparents, our friends, and Bubble Guppies. She talks about all of you all day long.
Hannah has a great memory. She spends a good portion of her day telling me about things she has done, with many details that I've often forgotten (such as what we ate and every single person who was there). She also recognizes places we have been in the past. A couple weeks after her first trip to a certain restaurant, we drove past it and Hannah pointed it out and told us exactly what she had eaten there.
Hannah's vocabulary has expanded greatly, and she is often saying words that I didn't know she'd ever heard. She sometimes butts into my and Scott's adult conversations with comments and questions that show that she understands everything we've been saying. One day, I told Scott that we would have to take Hannah to the "p-a-r-k" another day because it was too cold, and Hannah immediately piped in saying that she wanted to go to the park that day. I'm not claiming that she can spell or anything. She just understands things in context a little too well for us.
Hannah still loves the alphabet and is starting to learn some of the sounds. She also still likes to count, although she is not nearly as fond of counting to 20 as she was of counting to 10
Hannah apparently has a recurring nightmare about a tiger. Upon waking in the morning, she sometimes tells us about a scary tiger and a girl. And when she hears noises during the day, she tells me that the tiger is coming. I reassure her that it isn't real, and then I coach her on how to assertively tell it to go away and then get help from her mommy and daddy. :)
I'm constantly calling Scott throughout the day to tell him the funny things Hannah has said or done. She knows she is funny and cracks herself up. But her daddy is still the person who gets her to laugh the most and the deepest.
Hannah LOVES the word "really." Everything is "really, really hot" or "really, really dirty." And she often "really, really needs" things at the store. :)
Overall, I think Hannah is like most 2-year-olds--adorable, hilarious, and sometimes completely irrational. But she is also uniquely sweet and kind and loving and a bit sassy. We love her so much!!!
**Sorry no pics. It takes my computer overnight to download them. Totally lame.
1 year ago
6 comments:
Oh I can't wait for these two 2 year olds to get together. They sound so similar in some ways...and not so much in others. :) But they would be a riot together I'm sure. Hope we can make that happen when we are out for the 4th.
Hey, Mary Ann! It's Amelia! I love reading your blog. Hannah and my little Clara would be great friends. Too bad we don't live closer! It's so fun to read about your darling girl. Maybe some year we'll get together. :)
Yeah, she does throw hard and maybe has excellent aim. She is too funny! We love her too!
She does sound like a fun little 2 year old. We miss her so much! Love that she is a singing and dancing girl. She would fit in well in with her cousins living in Germany!
Gravy basters make great microphones. I know.
"I need Hannah. She is really really cute!"
Post a Comment