Hannah turned 22 months old today, and we celebrated in style by getting out her new potty. We bought it a couple of weeks ago because it was on sale and because Hannah has been very interested in all things bathroom for a couple of months now (wonder where she gets that from? :)). She also is very aware and verbal about when she dirties her diaper. Before today Hannah had loved just looking at the potty box and happily pointing at the pictures of kids on the potty. So you can just imagine how thrilled she was when I actually pulled the potty out of the box this afternoon (even though we were going to wait until her birthday). Hannah absolutely loves her new potty!
See? Pure cheesy joy!
Hannah enjoyed sitting on the potty fully clothed off and on all afternoon. She would cry when it was time to leave the bathroom, and then she would tell the potty bye-bye and blow it kisses. Adorable!
Here's a closeup of the potty. It wasn't hard for Scott to convince me to go with the blue potty instead of the pink one once I saw all those baseballs, bats, and gloves.
I guess we'll see how long Hannah's potty joy lasts.
Now I've got to decide if Hannah and I are ready for the real deal. I need advice. What was your favorite method of potty training? How long did it take to work? Is 22 months too early to start? Am I crazy? Don't answer that last question. :)
In case you were wondering, I absolutely love that adorable, potty-loving, 22-month-old girl!
5 comments:
After potty training Jeremiah for a year (2-over 3 years) I waited till they were 3 for the next two girls. Katie took about a month, Hannah longer...with a move in there she regressed some. With Aubrey I decided to just get it done so I could have all kids potty trained, I was crazy. I started her at 2 and a half (her Birthday is in February and I started probably about July or August). I think it took about 3 months or so. Course you are a much more patient person and so that may help with the consistency and whole process. Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK!!!!
It's fun to see how similar Hannah and Eva are. They are toying with the potty training idea too. They've tried it off and on the last few weeks with limited success. Not sure if they'll make their goal of being potty trained before the baby comes in December. Good luck to you and Hannah!
I have followed Shannon's advice and waited until all of my girls were 3 to start and they all got in down in 1 month or less. I have not started yet with Emily. She has expressed some interest in the potty lately but I decided that, even if she is ready, I am not and we are waiting until after the holiday's to start with the hopes that things will be less crazy and we can devote a good block of time to it. Whenever you decide to start, I think it works better if you can devote 1-2 weeks to staying home as much as possible and focusing on the potty training. Who knows, you might have Hannah traied before I get Emily trained!
Isaac's been super interested too and pulls his diaper off all the time. We've started letting him use the bathroom on the toilet in the morning, before baths, and before bedtime. He usually is pretty happy with that. I'm not ready for the full blown deal yet with a baby coming in 6 weeks or so. I'm going to wait until closer to 3 for sure.
Just a thought (because I'm certainly no expert!!!) If she would at least poop in the potty, wouldn't that make clean-up easier? I'd let her try and see if she continues to have interest.
Post a Comment