The good news?
Hannah is doing very well overall, and she is absolutely adorable. Just look:
More good Hannah news:
--She graduated from physical therapy for her Torticollis today. She didn't regress at all while on our trip, even though we took a major break from her exercises.
--She is growing well. She weighs 17 lbs 9.5 oz (24th percentile). She's 27.6 inches long (46th percentile). And she continues to have plenty of room for her large brain--18.5 inches (98th percentile).
--She is learning new things all the time.
--She continues to have absolutely no breathing problems.
The not-so-good Hannah news:
--She is a little low on Iron and has to take the nasty supplement again.
--She needs to have an x-ray of her hips to make sure they are ok.
--She should be crawling and pulling herself up onto things by now, and she isn't. (But she IS recently scooting herself forward.) So now we get to start physical therapy for that. Our insurance won't cover developmental physical therapy, so we are going to try to get it through Kids on the Move. In the meantime, Hannah's torticollis physical therapist showed us some more exercises we can do at home to help her (in addition to phasing out the old exercises). Good times.
To end on a more positive note--9 things I LOVE about Hannah today:
1- She now smiles as soon as she sees me pull out my camera. She does NOT take after her daddy there.
2- I love how cute she is when she mirrors others--clapping, babbling, sticking out her tongue, etc.
3- Her beautiful blond hair that sticks up all over no matter what I do to it. Super cute.
4- She was a total angel on our trip to DC. I love that she loves new places and people to stare and smile at.
5- She throws mini-tantrums when we take things away from her. I wonder if I'll still find it adorable when she's 2.
6- Her heart-melting smile that makes her eyes sparkle.
7- How hilarious she still finds her daddy, even though lately she has been a bit of a mama's girl.
8- How much she loves the song "The Itsy Bitsy Ladybug." (Yes, I changed the lyrics. Spiders creep me out, yo.)
9- Those cheeks. I don't think I'll ever be able to get enough of them.
Happy belated 9-month birthday, sweet Hannah Baby! We love you tons!!!
2 comments:
I love the adjusted lyrics to the song. Why didn't I think of that?!
Glad the trip went well! Can't wait to see more about it. And Hannah is, as always, adorable. Sorry to hear about more physical therapy but I'm sure she'll catch up just fine. Hope the hip xray goes well too!
Post a Comment