Thursday, May 29, 2014

11 things about Maelie!

Yesterday Maelie turned 11 months old! So, in celebration of her 11 months of life, I'll share 11 things about her...

1- Maelie's nicknames are "Mae Mae" and just "Mae." Hannah gave them both to her when Maelie was a few months old. They quickly grew on me and Scott, and now we have been using them for several months.

2- Maelie loves books! Reading books to her is one of the few ways to get her to actually hold still. :)

3- Maelie is a major scavenger these days. She loves to pick up every tiny crumb or piece of lint she can find and quickly put it in her mouth. Needless to say, I have become a much better sweeper.

4- Maelie has been pretty darn grumpy lately, thanks to teething. She finally got her 3rd tooth (1st one on top) a couple of days ago.

5- I started weaning Maelie 2 days ago. I figured it would be rough, seeing as how Maelie has refused to take a bottle since she was 2 months old and will only suck on her binkie or on me (she just chews on sippy cups of any kind). The 1st day that I reduced her breastfeeding by one time was a nightmare. I tried for almost an hour-and-a-half to get her to drink milk from a bottle or sippy cup or cup with a straw. But she only wanted to drink from a regular cup, which resulted in very little of the milk making it inside her body. I resorted to using a medicine syringe, but she only put up with that briefly. Needless to say, I was thrilled when she miraculously took a bottle yesterday and again today. Hallelujah! And thank you, Dora, for the distraction for Maelie! (I'm a bit excited to be done with breastfeeding--Maelie is way too social and easily-distracted to nurse very well these days.)

6- Maelie is one active little baby. She crawls (normally and also occasionally army-style) all over the place, pulls herself up to a stand wherever she is, walks along furniture, and gets into absolutely everything she knows she shouldn't get into. Bless her cute little heart. :)

7- Maelie has the cutest laugh in the Universe, and no one can get her to laugh as hard as Hannah can. So adorable!

8- Maelie's awesome fuzzy hair is getting a little less so as it grows longer. It makes her look much older.

9- Maelie loves music and dancing, especially if Hannah is around to dance with her. Maelie really loves to rock out to Shakira lately.

10- Maelie loves to comb Hannah's hair. The first time she tried it and every time since, she has known how to turn the comb the right way and has been able to get it through Hannah's hair. So smart and funny!

11- When Maelie is excited, she bounces and snorts. It's super adorable!


Yesterday I took a few pics of cutie Maelie and her adoring sister...


I tried to get some shots of Maelie alone, but Hannah was having none of that. :) 

Mae Mae and Little Miss Crazy Eyes! 

I'm pretty sure Hannah is thinking, "Someone should really cut this baby's fingernails!" 

This adorable baby has really thinned out, but she still has those chubba chubba cheeks! 

They seriously love each other so much. It melts my heart. 

I love how well Hannah and Maelie play together (most of the time). 

They're also really good at making messes together. :)


We absolutely love our Mae Mae and can't believe she'll be one year old in just a month! Crazy!!!

1 comment:

Sandy Brunson said...

She is looking a lot older. I love the 12-18 month stage. Ben is just leaving it to enter terrible twos I'm afraid. There is just a few short months of such pleasant behavior and rapid, fun development! She is sure cute!